Tuesday, March 18, 2003

Rocket Sized Rifts 03.18.03

That Bush fella is creepy. Creepy in how convincing or convinced he is. Not just in the “let’s go to war” sense, but the Presidential Shrub really feels that he knows something that the rest of the world does not have the gumption to admit. Maybe that imperialist concept is “the brown people need a controlling hand,” and perhaps the French and Germans are trying to live that sequence of their imperialist history down.

I couldn’t say. I’m tired of this shit, it’s spring break, I have a novel to edit and a midterm coming up; and all of the efforts to put the brakes on a destructive war aggression (war crime? Except it’s not crime when you control the letter of the international law) are futile.

Fuck it, I’m gonna drink beer, cheer for UNC-Asheville, and pray for my safety and the safety of my loved ones.

No comments: