Thursday, April 17, 2003

Drankland 04.17.03

Last night Marla and I walked our asses to Drinkland. My friend Leah P was going to be there; called some of her teeming horde of homies. Our reason for being there: her boyfriend, Keenan, dutifully on the 1's and 2's, accompanied by his sister Alanna.

The bar was emptier and less smoky than I remember. That would be because of Passover and the smoking ban. But the ceilings still had the painted white and black set of same-width concentric rings, the back room and the front side room still had that all-white Clockwork Orange feel.

Leah's sister Lanie P showed in all of her glory, draped in black, hair trailing, yelling across two people to express her affection. Alanna and I had a long discussion about the Luniz and Tupac. I left early, but not before I think I heard Alanna state that she had recently graduated high school. This being a little quirky, since I had just been feeling the pattern stitched into the thigh of her pants. Uh, if you know what I mean.

No comments: