Thursday, September 04, 2003

The Admonisher 09.04.03

The library is the one you know, both a tourist spot and a grad student stop, ceilings the height of 5, 6, 7 people. With rain outside. I can check the weather by looking up into the ephermal grey. Like a stocking tossed carelessly by a goddess over the world. Stretched taut in some places and letting light through the thin. Thicker in some places, bunched up or with some sort of sediment or dried... I do not wish to speculate.

But the rain can be seen against the close corner of the building as I look up and right, phantom impressions of drops, that let me know it is still slick outside. The lamps to my right and left wave heat upwards if you can patiently watch the patterns.

And damn, that was approaching some maudlin s**t. I need lunch.

No comments: