Monday, January 19, 2004

My Heart Is With Bush... 1.19.04

As people around the city commit themselves to a day of service in honor of the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Iowans are getting ready to raise a joyful sound for their favorite democratic candidate. Besides the inherent silliness of the caucus and the polling around it, besides the questionable representation we get from the state of Iowa, I'd like to point out that while scanning the newspapers I noted that someone wrote that this is the closest, most unpredictable caucus since 1988.

Damned Republican newspapers! That's not a banner year at all. Remember Willie Horton? And Dukakis in the tank? And Gary Hart denying his affair? "My heart is with Bush but my bush is with Hart," as the joke went. Taking Gary Hart's electability with it.

No comments: