Wednesday, August 20, 2003

One Week Ago 08.20.03

I last posted.

One year ago, I was a ninja in Chicago.

The blackout was pretty fun in New York, all things considered. School is coming up. Need a job. Interesting things are not coming out of my mouth. I had my MP3 player stolen. This is not the inspired life. A couple of friends and I may be on the outs. But that's okay. It's a matter of principle. What's the line? If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything? Doesn't really apply here... but it does bring up the question, is it better to have friends who are diverse/ all over the place/ with opinions and ways of thinking you cannot possibly agree with; or friends with a similar and known range of sensibilities, if not personalities?

Mind you, think about the work required to maintain a functioning relationship with folks you may not at all see eye to eye with. Where is the friendship, hm?

No comments: